Bruichladdich unveils Octomore 12

Bruichladdich has unveiled the new Octomore 12 range. The name of the release speaks for itself, being this the 12th series that get to the market.

As usual, the Octomore is Bruichladdich Distillery’s most experimental bottlings and they are also among the highest peated whisky ever released. This year three will be the bottlings:

  • Octomore 12.1 – peat level of 130.8 PPM. Bottled at 59.9% ABV (119.8 proof). It is distilled from mainland Scottish barley and matured in ex-bourbon American oak for five years. The SRP is $199.99.
  • Octomore 12.2 – peat level of 129.7 PPM. Bottled at 57.3% ABV (114.6 proof). It is matured for three and a half years in ex-bourbon American oak casks and eighteen months in ex-Sauternes cask. The SRP is $234.99.
  • Octomore 12.3 – peat level of 118.1 PPM. Bottled at 62.1% ABV(124.2 proof). It is a single vintage, single field, single malt, made from Islay-grown barley. 75% of the distillate was filled into ex-American oak casks, the remaining 25% spent five years maturing in Pedro Ximenez Solera casks for a total of five years. The SRP is $259.99.

The new Bruichladdich Octomore 12 series will starting from this October.


Do not miss any news and the highest rated spirits!